If you're struggling to find the words to tell your person how you feel, I've got your back. Why reinvent the wheel when some of the most masterful writers of all time have expressed their love so perfectly?
Sap warning: Ok, these are quotes about LOVE. They're all a little bit sappy, and some of them are even pretty high on the sappy scale. You've been warned.
Without further ado, here are 15 quotes to help you share your love!
- “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known—and even that is an understatement.” (F. Scott Fitzgerald) // click to view Good Sheila card
- "you are my sun, my moon, and all my stars." (e.e. cummings)
- "Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be." (Robert Browning)
- "Whatever our souls are made of, yours and mine are the same." (Emily Bronte)
- "How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being?" (Oscar Wilde)
- "In all the world there is no heart for me like yours." (Maya Angelou)
- "Will you come travel with me? Shall we stick by each other as long as we live?" (Walt Whitman) // click to view Good Sheila card
- "Your heart and my heart are very, very old friends." (Hafiz)
- "It is a public scandal the way I adore you." (Oscar Wilde) // click to view Good Sheila card
- "In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you." (Virginia Woolf) // click to view Good Sheila card
- "I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you." (Paulo Coelho)
- "It has made me better, loving you.... it has made me wiser, and easier, and brighter." (Henry James)
- "Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along." (Rumi)
- "We were together. I forget the rest." (Walt Whitman) // click to view Good Sheila card
- "You are the best thing." (Ray LaMontagne)
Did I miss your favorite one? Let me know!
Happy love letter writing!